Friday, February 24, 2012

West By West Campus Music Festival!

I've been working on a wonderful project since early last December that has recently pretty much engulfed my entire life. Have you heard of wxwc? It's an all day FREE all ages music fest in the west campus neighborhood featuring over 50 bands at five stages (read: coops).

The festival is in its third year. The first year I was a mere freshmen and came to one of the houses for my friend's show. I loved the atmosphere and the people so much that I decided to live there. The next year I helped stage managed and this year I booked my new house and somehow found myself renting backlines, organizing volunteer schedules, and finding walkie talkies. If you would have told me I would be doing this a year ago I would have laughed and said "child, you craaaaay" but alas, here I am, and I couldn't be more excited.

For those of you in the Austin area this weekend, come by! The fest is this Saturday, February 25th from 1-10:30 pm. Check out the facebook link

http://www.facebook.com/events/106736119454722/

No comments:

Post a Comment